I got the most beautiful gift hug from Mika today at Not Really Homeschooling, also known as Little Nut Tree. Mika’s blog provides fun, easy-to-do hands-on activities for children. She’s definitely the mom I was always trying to be when my guys were littler. She also does it better!
Mike has also been such a great encourager to me on this great adventure. God always sends beautiful encouragers on our dream quests! Stop by and give her some of those Words of Affirmation hugs that we all need!
To accept the award, I have to pass it on to 15 blogs that I have newly discovered and enjoy reading. (Oops! I couldn’t narrow down further-I have 16). Of course, since I’m new, all of them are newly discovered. The blogs listed below have encouraged the mom, the girl, the writer, the cook, the home decorator, and the simply maryleigh in me.
- Seasons of My Heart: A faith blog for moms with children who are getting ready to leave the nest. Beautiful! Our job doesn’t end when they graduate from high school. It’s a blog that makes motherhood seem as fresh and lively as it did when our children were 4, 6, 8, except we get to be all put together, elegant, and fresh again.
- It’s Almost Naptime: Mother stories with positive, uplifting humor. Anyone who recognizes the value of naptime has my vote any day.
- From the Heart: A college student presents ideas that affirm the best in their peers using solid language skills that reach out in a lovely way! Isn’t this what we’d like our own children to do?
- I Choose Bliss: Her blog makes me smile. It reminds me of the Quaker song, “Tis a Gift to be Simple. Tis a Gift to be Free. Tis a Gift to come down where we ought to be.” It’s like being loved by your grandma, though she’s not a grandma.
- He Gave Me A Dream: This blog is a hand reaching out to pull you up when you’re down. Not through humor, but through encouragement.
- Crown of Beauty: A Spiritual Mother kind of blog that just hugs ever so gently.
- Let’s Embellish: Artsy mom uses her art as craft for her children! I can’t do it, but I love to look at it!
- Tutus Bliss: Visually Beautiful! Fun content! The colors just snap, crackle, and pop .
- Misty Dowdy Family: Good old family love raising two boys
- Smelling Coffee Today: A heap of family, a sprinkling of good food, seasoned with Faith
- Cinnamon, Spice and Everything Nice: Beautifully staged recipes that really deliver.
- Sunny Brook Tales: Stories woven by a southern writer
- Seedlings in Stone: I don’t know if Seedlings in Stone really wants this. I’ve been to craft blogs where the craft is art. I’ve been to food blogs where food is art. This is a blog where writing is art.
- Lemonade Makin’ Mama: All about being a Mama, but, as you probably guessed, has the best lemonade recipe in the world! My boys love it!
- A Soft Place to Land: This so speaks to the girl in me!
- The V Files: This one is particularly close to my heart. The author introduced me to blogging, opening a door to make my dream a reality.